market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] m-f tractor fuel problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] m-f tractor fuel problems
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:27:10 -0500

I'm using an old Kabota. It's still out in the field where I walked away from it after running out of diesel due to, you guessed it - - bad fuel gauge. Reading my manual, I have a bleed nut on the fuel filter and another in the fuel line near the injector. It was my impression that bleeding is done without cranking, just bleeding the air from the line. Am I wrong about this? would there be fuel past the pump from gravity-only? Thanks -Allan