market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Marketing
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:39:33 -0800 (PST)

Willie,

There is no conflict between being honest and
being successful. In fact, they work hand in hand.

Madison Avenue is not about deception, it is
about successfully communicating ideas in
ways that people understand them and are
then willing to act.

The most dishonest marketers I am presently
aware of are tobacco firms, distillers, drug
companies and credit card firms.

All sell addictive products with no apparent
regard for the consequences of their actions.

To my knowledge, with the exception of a
couple of banks, none have offices on
Madison Avenue.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jay