market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Marketing
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:36:33 -0600

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:58:58AM -0500, Pat Meadows wrote:

> If you want to *become* Madison Avenue, then adopt their
> tactics. If you don't want to become Madison Avenue, make
> your living (sell your produce in this case) in some other
> manner. If a tactic is deceptive, for example, you cannot
> use that tactic without becoming a deceiver.

Bravo, Pat!

That's a quandary most of us face; we are torn between being
successful and being honest non-deceivers. It seems most of us MUST
chose a grey area between being completely honest and being maximally
successful.

I am tempted here to launch into the question of whether organic
growers are "deceivers". I resist that temptation.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Linux system uptime 228 days 21 hours 34 minutes