market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Marketing
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:37:18 -0700

When I say "wrong" I don't intent a moral judgment or anything of the sort.
I believe the mainstream ad business we see day and night is "wrong" for a
sensible culture, "wrong" for the economy, and so forth. Madison Avenue, as
we call it, is all geared to creating demand while ignoring real needs that
should be met. Which means getting people to feel they have to spend money
for things they didn't particularly want or need to begin with. "Wrong" in
the sense it's bogus. And of course it's only for one purpose, not to
better humanity, not to serve peoples' needs, not to improve anyone's life,
but to pull in business and market share for corporations pushing the
latest overpriced gizmos for brushing your teeth to cars that tell you to
turn left at the next corner.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net