market-farming - [Market-farming] Ex-perts/ was marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Ex-perts/ was marketing
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:45:40 -0700

Just for the record, corporations are not people; for the most part they're
an undemocratic throwback to feudal serfdom, and in practice there are vast
differences in the way sole proprietors and corporations run a business.

For example, you might
>think that common sense dictates that you
>stop advertising after the first three ads
>you ran produced nothing (zero, zed).

And professional marketing will tell you to run an ad four times or two
instead of three? What if common sense told you to advertise to the right
people in the first place? I'm one of the little guys and I can't afford to
pay some expert to tell me what I already know. And BTW, this nation, this
U.S.A., was built by small farmers who never heard of professional
marketing. Corporate agribusiness, experts and all, is in deep trouble
today with the cost-price squeeze and cutbacks in government subsidies (I
never got any --). Aggregate agricultural production across the country
declined last year for the first time in decades. And professional
marketing hasn't kept all kinds of corporations from going belly up
recently, and ruining many thousands of lives in the process -- pensions,
jobs, health insurance, the whole nine yards.

Farmers shaken by president's proposal to cut farm subsidies
http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=103320

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net