market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Marketing
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:47:53 -0500

What really gets me as a roadside/farm marketer, are the 'deceivers' selling produce from off-farm and calling it homegrown.  Yea, sure, it was grown at someone's home, just not theirs.  I/we try to always make the distinction (and often an explanation) between homegrown and local.

Then, they want me to meet the price of the 'homegrown' veggies at the supermarket.

Tom
Limerock Orchards

Bravo, Pat!

That's a quandary most of us face; we are torn between being
successful and being honest non-deceivers.  It seems most of us MUST
chose a grey area between being completely honest and being maximally
successful.

I am tempted here to launch into the question of whether organic
growers are "deceivers".  I resist that temptation.