market-farming - [Market-farming] holding down Row Cover (was Rabbits)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] holding down Row Cover (was Rabbits)
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:50:07 -0400

No deer thankfully but a dog that doesn't understand the garden yet.  He's
deaf so I can't yell at him to get out.  Lucy, what do you hold your cover
down with?  I have Agriban and just bought staples.  I'll put it over hoops.
Should the staples work?  How far apart?

The name of my farm is Boulder Belt so we use rocks 'cause we have several tons per acre on the surface, ripe for the picking. The rocks need to be at least 7 pounds and we put them at about 2' apart. if you have cosistantly heavy winds you will need more.

I have never used staples so I have no comment other than they cost money and the rocks are free and have worked well for us for almost 10 years.

Lucy Goodman
http://www.boulderbelt.com