market-farming - [Market-farming] Rabbits, now Outdoor Cats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Rabbits, now Outdoor Cats
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:47:44 -0400

Robin wrote:

We live in the middle of the woods and lost our outdoor cats to predators.

Talk to your local cat rescue societies -- many of them (at least here in Southeastern PA), have so many barn or feral cats from the parks (which are great hunters) that they will give you as many as you want FOR FREE! And, they will have neutered them, too, so you won't have kittens.

No grower should be without outdoor hunting cats -- they are the reason we don't have rabbit, mouse or vole problems (and I think they eat the grasshoppers in August, too) without fences. The rescue societies are all too happy to give feral cats a home where they can hunt all they want, so take them up on it!

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of