market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits, now Outdoor Cats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits, now Outdoor Cats
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:07:30 -0400

No grower should be without outdoor hunting cats -- they are the reason we
> don't have rabbit, mouse or vole problems (and I think they eat the
> grasshoppers in August, too) without fences. The rescue societies are all
> too happy to give feral cats a home where they can hunt all they want, so
> take them up on it!

Dorene,
Love cats and our two are great hunting mice, voles, moles and rabbits. My
concern regarding the above solution would be the impact on the song bird
population. I have trained our two cats to leave birds alone, but I doubt
that could be done with a large number of feral cats.

Joe