market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:36:23 -0400

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:27:04 -0400, you wrote:

>good point on the fencing Pat. Do make sure it's poultry wire. I used 2x4
>welded wire for goat fencing and discovered a wild rabbit hung up in one of
>the openings (ewwww, and it was on one of those blistering hot days and it
>dehydrated within hours! looked like a mummy by time I found it.)

We have 2 x 4 welded wire fencing around our yard and
rabbits have gone right *through it* - we've seen them, more
than once.

Granted, they had a whole lot of incentive - one of our dogs
was nipping at their tails. This is a lot of incentive for
a rabbit.

So far, the chicken wire is keeping them out.

Pat