market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:29:02 -0500

Hi Judy,

I have wide feet and regular heels also.  I wear New Balance 608’s in the wide size..  They’re the only thing that is comfortable for me.  The last pair I got were on eBay for $15. and they’re brown!  They’re perfect for working in the dirt.  I keep at least two pairs going – the newest ones for being out in public and the old ones for work.  Usually I get them at Famous Footwear for about $39 or $49.   All the others I’ve had are white and once in a while I throw them into the washer, but air dry them.  I spray them with waterproofer.  They last a long time.

Marie in Missouri

I finally found a design of New Balance running shoes that are perfect - great support, great fit.  But of course these are not built for farm work; water and dirt would wreck them in no time.

Any advice?  Thanks in advance,

Judy Tiger

Washington DC