market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Catherine S" <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:33:02 -0500

I can certainly sympathize with you about your feet hurting, I've stress fractures due to flat feet. I have had similiar problems finding shoes that were comfortable enough to work in the gardens all day and not wear out too soon. I've worn the New Balance but they break down to quick. I am having good luck with the Ariat line of work boots and riding boots. The work boot I've been wearing is 2 yrs old, it is a lace up with a good hard sole and the riding boot has a softer sole and has a rubber strip on toe and heal to prevent moisture from pentetrating, it works good on those muddier days for me! I don't have horses nor ride but several of our horse owners recommended this boot because of its flexibility and weight and wear. I also like them because my inserts will fit in them without raising my foot up too high. I purchased mine from Tennesse Farmers Supply Co, but I'm sure you can find the line in most farm supply stores, check with your local Co-op or do a web search for the Brand name.

Good luck and happy farming/gardening.

Catherine

Products that you can trust.
>From: Grow19 AT aol.com >Reply-To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org> >To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org >Subject: [Market-farming] comfortable field-worthy shoes >Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:26:26 EDT > >Hi farm friends, > >I have a big challenge trying to find sturdy shoes that can hold up to farm >work and I figure who else to ask about this but farmers! > >Most shoes hurt my feet and finding any that don't is a real trial. My story >- my old feet need shoes that are designed wide ('wide last') in the ball of >the foot and toe box while having a 'regular last' heel area. Not many shoes >are available in double wide or wider and if they are, they might be too wide >in the heel. As an example, I finally found a design of New Balance running >shoes that are perfect - great support, great fit. But of course these are >not built for farm work; water and dirt would wreck them in no time. > >Any advice? Thanks in advance, >Judy Tiger >Washington DC >_______________________________________________ >Market-farming mailing list >Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org >http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming > >Get the list FAQ at: http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm

Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and more!