market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] field-worthy shoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] field-worthy shoes
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:03:08 -0400

Back to the shoes:

I too recommend Sierra Trading Post, the catalog people
(sierratradingpost.com). I go through one pair of 'hiking' type boots a
year, the mid-duty type. Compared to the old flat soled, no arch, one size
fits all boots, the
hiking boots are well worth the price (I hate to pay more than $60 a pair).
The worst thing I can say is that you have to take your boots off before
going in the house regardless, as the traction soles do not just wipe clean
like a flat-soled boot.

My favorite manufacturer is/was Vasque. I say is/was because I last bought
a pair of Rachiele (sp?) since the reasonable priced Vasque were out of my
size, and these new ones are as comfortable as any Vasque I have had.