market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Renewable energy on the farm. Was Greenhouse- milk jugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Renewable energy on the farm. Was Greenhouse- milk jugs
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:24:12 -0700

ROLFMAO!!
Ain't it the truth!!... It only quits blowing when the evening Mosquitoes
ask it to.

See:

http://www.aculink.net/~marc/greenhouse/greenhouse.htm

. Where
> Marc lives the wind blows what seems to be 95% of the time, you wake
> up at night if it stops wondering what's wrong (at least I did).....

> Gas production from biomass takes expensive equipment. (Marc, is
> there still a biomass factory down near La Mar or did that only exist
> because of long gone government tax incentives?)

Don't know. They use the electric plant warm water to grow Tilapia Lucky
buggers.

I don't think it is because when I went to the Regional Recycles Association
meeting about three years ago there was a bunch of governments cars,
government employees and one commercial entity. The commercial entity was a
used tire grinder upper company there to make the presentation.

I was the only farmer.

The only entity locally that had anything to do with biomass was the LaJunta
one and it was kinda a senior citizens/local grant thing. That's why I think
the Lamar thing was gone. They put on a little presentation about grinding
up used Christmas trees and giving them away for mulch. I sure found it
fascinating how tough it was to handle the tinsel.

About 40 people there.

This was the meeting where the Health Department fella made it clear the
State was going to keep a close eye on this kind of thing, there was no
money available to help out and that on farm stuff was going to come under
sewage and/or garbage dump regulations. Not a fun meeting for me. More
licenses and you have to pay for the inspections and possibly a part time
State Certified Waste plant and or Sanitary Landfill Operator inspect it and
fill out paperwork. Geezo!

Marc