market-farming - [Market-farming] burning firewood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] burning firewood
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:20:36 -0600

Maybe your note had nothing to do with greenhouse gases, Jay Gee, but if it
did, remember that rotting trees give up their carbon, too. If it's about
reducing carbon dioxide, you'll cut trees for lumber and keep it from
rotting OR burning.

If I can ever convince my wife that we should build a house, I intend to
include earth-assisted cooling/heating. Until, then, however, my choices are
firewood and freezing. Got to get another load of dry slabs this week.

Errol Castens
Oxford, Mississippi
Zone 7b