market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Greenhouse- milk jugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Greenhouse- milk jugs
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:42:22 -0600

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 12:11:51PM -0800, jay gee wrote:
> An open letter to Dave, Wiilie, Victor, Bob, marc and Leigh,

Jay, I would suggest, as others have, that you are out of your depth
here.

Just FYI, we have about 80-100 wooded acres, most of it so dense that I
may go five years without seeing all parts. If we were cutting wood
for the sole purpose of supplying our stove, about five acres would
supply all our needs perpetually. But, that's not what we do. We
cut back trees that are in the way, both of roads and fencing projects.
Trees die each year, limbs fall, we have time and energy to convert
only a small fraction to stove wood. Of course that IS using biomass.
You seem to suggest that we wood burners are laying waste to land. Not
so. Wood IS a renewable resource. I certainly wouldn't recommend that
city folks use wood for heat, but it seems very appropriate for our
situation. Of course, your situation is likely to be vastly different.

I do appreciate your marketing comments, however, I find your wood
burning advice only amusing.

--
Willie ONWARD! Through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html