market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Why I can't believe a word out of Dennis Avery's mouth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Why I can't believe a word out of Dennis Avery's mouth
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 00:28:20 -0600

Rick Williams wrote:

<The funding for these organizations on either side of the fence seems to
come mostly from ... corporations.>

So your state grazing organization and the GLCI is funded by corporate
sponsors?

Missouri has a number of non-corporate sponsored organizations such as:
Missouri Farmers Union
Missouri Organic Association
Farm Alliance of Rural Missouri
National Farmers Organization of Missouri
American Agricultural Movement of Missouri
League of Women Voters of Missouri
Weston A. Price Foundation - Missouri
Missouri Stockgrowers Association

The ones that are corporate sponsored are:
Missouri Farm Bureau
Missouri Cattlemens Association and the rest of the commodity groups

I am sure many of your observations that pertain to Wisconsin are as you
say. But generalizing about organizations to which you are unfamiliar can
lead to mistruths.

Rick H.