market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] [Market-farming]Avery, Jill and Jay in Denial, Salatin, Transmutation, Marc gets Sloppy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] [Market-farming]Avery, Jill and Jay in Denial, Salatin, Transmutation, Marc gets Sloppy
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:00:08 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: [Market-farming] [Market-farming]Avery, Jill and Jay in Denial,
Salatin, Transmutation, Marc gets Sloppy

I agree with you that DiMateo came off badly in her interview and was
dismayed she did not put forth a more aggressive response until I saw the
OTA's own video of the interview. Sound bites, selective editing created a
much different viewpoint than what actually would have been perceived if we
had been allowed to see the interview in it's entirety. If we had seen the
interview from start to finsih we would have seen the same question asked
over and over again, rephrased just a bit to elicite a response that would
be perceived by the general public to represent a lack of credibility. And
let's not forget the camera angles, the subtle lighting, the sound bites,
even the color coordination of a set that lead to subconscious manipulation
in order to get a point across. I remember clearly watching this program
and being so frustrated that she was not doing a better job. She looked
like a deer caught in headlights....until I saw the tape of the entire
interview. Those terrified eyes, made to look like she didn't have the
answers was actually eyes reflecting anger at the manipulation.

Get in contact with OTA and see if you can view the video.

Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa