market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:53:24 -0600

Del Williams wrote:
> I saw this in effect with identification with particular vendors. Those
> customers summarily by passed those undercutters for the vendors they had
> built an identification with.

This is very much evident at our market. We have two long term vendors who
have either started the market or have been there for something around 5
years and they do much more business than us newcomers.

It will be interesting to see if we gain any produce customer share as time
goes on. It is quite a feeling when a customer comes back over the summer
and specifically mentions the farm name to others as THE place to get a
particular product.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm