market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Poultry manure and USDA myths

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Poultry manure and USDA myths
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:28:26 -0700

> >I doubt very many meat inspectors think hormones are being used. I
suspect
> >that bit of data came from a pure or organic food web site or
organization
> >who's interests are served by bad press....
>
> Marc, it is obvious that you are pretty clueless on this one. 'I
> suspect' we call in the writing trade a weasel term, Meaning you
> don't know what you are talking about and you know it. This doesn't
> come from a organic food web site. Read the report before you run
> your mouth.

Uh oh Leigh, unfortunately I see you need some training about the writing
trade. Sorry it had to be me but I have a duty to my fellow human to not let
him fall....

The article you've referred to as a "REPORT" is an EDITORIAL. Editorials
have AGENDAS. This EDITORIAL has an AGENDA that is oriented to the CONSUMER
PROTECTION masses to RILE THEM UP and talk to their friends and get them to
buy newspapers by making them feel the government is NOT PROTECTING THEM and
the meat industry is making them a VICTIM and we got OUT OF CONTROL BIG MEAT
PACKERS out to poison the masses BY HAVING CROOKED JUDGES IN THEIR POCKETS.

This seems to be directly in step with your assertions that most food sucks.
That is called A BIAS. Since it was written by you - pages and pages and
pages of it - it is YOUR BIAS. Could this mean you produced the EDITORIAL
and renamed it a REPORT to MISLEAD others to support your BIAS? Could be, I
suppose, but it's all part of G_D's scheme (or is it "risky scheme"?) so
it's OK with me.

Sounds like one of them pure food bias thingies to me. A nice rebuttal
tactic would be to assert the New York Times is a centrist moderate voice
that did not endorse the lefty Hillary for Senator!! ( - or did it???)

Now about clueless. While I may not be the president of the tofu fed organic
buffalo wing producers of America I may have a couple of clues.

I suppose I could claim a couple of clues since we raise these things and do
it 7/60/365?

Perhaps it's our membership in numerous professional and industry societies
that unrelentingly brainwash us with non-addictive, unexciting
non-adrelaline producing studies and facts and market trends and legislative
thingies and - THE LATEST USDA FACTS AND GUIDANCE?

Here's the ticket. One searches out and devours anything that denigrates the
big guys. Inspector managers, USDA, FDA, big business, Bush, Big Ag, Big
Feed to support the idea that US food sucks and big business is to blame and
the government is crooked enough to let them.

Peace,

Marc