market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Leigh Hauter: claim that poultry are being fed homones

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Leigh Hauter: claim that poultry are being fed homones
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:22:43 -0600

Jay Gee wrote:
> If I am in the middle of the road, I don't have
> to broadcast it as an attribute of my existence.

On this list you may need to do that.

> My position is obvious to all who care to look.

I agree!

> Second, as with General Relativity, your
> position is perceived relative to everyone
> else. To people travelling in the same lane
> you may seem to be in the road's middle.
> However, to people traveling in the opposite
> direction, you may be to the left (USA) or
> right (UK).

I agree.

> It is a habit on your part to adopt the cloth
> of "the reasonable man," by designating
> yourself as such. This was what Nixon
> did when claiming that the Silent Majority
> supported his illegal policies and practices.

That is utter nonsense and even you know that. Nixon was eventually found
out and paid a tremendous price. HE was the paranoid one and in the end lost
everything. No middle of road folks supported such activities. The Silent
Majority did not tend to say much openly and it did let the extremists,
particularly the left, have a much of the media time. In fact, his actions
helped the left a great deal.

> Simply state your position. Let other
> readers decide where you are coming
> from, they don't need you to tell them.

Sometimes it needs to be said to make it clear. This is particulary true
when others are trying to characterize an individual incorrectly.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Always sifting and winnowing