market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Poultry manure and USDA myths

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Poultry manure and USDA myths
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:10:07 -0600

Marc,

Poultry aside, it isn't as though there are no truths about what "big
business" has contributed to food production.

Why blame big business? Well, because it is mainly large businesses that
deal in the food trade who are stocking the shelves, freezers, coolers and
produce areas of our grocery stores. And good for them. They know how to
make a profit. I admire that.

Alot of what is on those shelves has questionable value for human health.

I look out over these cornfields and am in awe of the food we can produce.
I'm also disgusted that so much of it goes into producing corn syrup that
ends up in so many products. (This is a personal bias to be sure. I liked
pop that was made with cane sugar far better than corn syrup.)

Better living through corn syrup? For whom? I guess whoever sells it.

Del Williams