market-farming - Re: importance of local angle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: importance of local angle
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:15:16 -0600

I agree, Liz. My thought on it:
I think the Coca Cola analogy is a mistake because it just doesn't appply
to us. The Coke brand is everything because most soft drinks are so close
in taste and cost that they must promote the name and logo with every
psychological marketing ploy ever dreamed up. That's obviously not the case
with locally grown, chemical free (usually) market produce. The product is
different in several ways and that's the reason buyers will look for it and
pay more. It isn't because we have a recognized brand.

paul & barb - on the continental divide
http://globalcircle.net