market-farming - Re: importance of local angle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re: importance of local angle
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:05:45 -0400

In my early years I had an organic farm just outside NYC,about 8 planted
acres. I was the last farmer to plant corn and see the empire state building
at the same time, I never though of myself as the last official "local grown"
producer for the city but I was...

We have a state law that if you "sell it" as grown in NJ "local grown" then
it must BE grown in NJ. the fine is $50000 for the first offense. Early field
ripened tomatoes bring $50 a box in June, some cheats bring in southern
tomatoes for $10 and resell at $50 by the trailer loads.

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/