market-farming - RE: true definition of mf

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: true definition of mf
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:51:14 -0400

> when you DEMAND that I (as a
> taxpayer or consumer) PAY for your living "style", that's when I DEMAND
> that you sink or swim in the market.

I don't recall asking for handouts in my post, from you, taxpayers or anyone
else. When I lost my first farm, alot of "programs" to help "rural women
farmers" suddenly materialized. I didn't accept it. Didn't want anything
from the government. Like you, I agree, if we want to make it, it should be
on our own. Let the market, consumers & my own sweat & tears decide if I
sink or swim. Just don't say that it isn't right for small farmers to want
or try to earn a living at what they do.

Saying that, I do understand Rick's frustration at some the "handwringers"
who are "demanding" for the powers that be to cut them some slack. They're
in every facet of life, and will never "get" it.

>Quit trying to shoot the messenger simply because you disagree with them
message.

It wasn't the message as much as the sheer "amounts" of message.

> If you want a 100% sympathetic audience join SANET.

Sorry, don't have time to wade through their academic posts, though I do
value their contributions to our profession.

Liz Pike