market-farming - RE: true definition of mf

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: true definition of mf
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:25:45 -0500

Jeff wrote:
> You can DEMAND anything you want, but when you DEMAND that I (as a
> taxpayer or consumer) PAY for your living "style", that's when I DEMAND
> that you sink or swim in the market.

I agree with you to some extent - let's stop supporting agribusiness with
such huge amounts of resources, that the market is skewed, and reflects
unrealistic costs of production, making it so that people who aren't large
agribusinesses can't compete fairly. If we are going to support anything
with our tax dollars, how about we support methods that make us and the
earth more healthy, rather than methods than channel power and dollars to a
few large and already wealthy and powerful corporations!
Jill