market-farming - RE: true definition of mf

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: true definition of mf
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:30:47 -0600

Sink or swim in the market? If you mean that literally, then you advocate
abolition of all price supports, crop insurance, government and foundation
research, tax breaks, and the end of all agribusiness corporations, right?
After all, "the market" does not entail any of those things, and
corporations are creations of government, not "the market". Is that your
meaning? Or is it only some farmers you want to sink?

paul & barb on the Continental Divide
http://globalcircle.net