market-farming - RE: true definition of mf

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jeff Hahn <jeffh AT streek.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: true definition of mf
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:57:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Liz Pike wrote:

> >It is only when the small farm demands a living that I have disagreement.
>
> that's about as unAmerican as I've ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do you
> get off telling us when we can and can't "demand" a living at whatever the
> hell we want to do??????

You can DEMAND anything you want, but when you DEMAND that I (as a
taxpayer or consumer) PAY for your living "style", that's when I DEMAND
that you sink or swim in the market.

It's interesting that the political rants are only "evil" if they're
coming from a point of view different than the majority of the group. The
rest of the political rants are thought of as God given truths.

This is the reason I'm not on SANET. Religion, Abortion, Gun Control,
"Small Family Farms" are issues that don't respond to reason, it's simply
a gut-level emotional reaction.

If this is the place to discuss these politics (I happen to think it's
not), then allow both sides to be heard. Quit trying to shoot the
messenger simply because you disagree with them message.

If you want a 100% sympathetic audience join SANET.

-Jeff