market-farming - Re: Sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sweet corn
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:40:49 -0400

We have a policy for sweet corn as for everything sold from our stand, that
if it does not meet their satisfaction they get a refund or replacement. I
do not let them open the ears becaue no one wants it once they have been
torn open. I usually put a sign up which states something to the effect
of: We know you as a customer would not appreciate having ears of corn pre
opened by another customer. Please do not open ears of corn. and then
state our return policy.

Kathy in Vermont
Somers Family Farm