market-farming - Re:check out my new web address

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mckemie AT inetport.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:check out my new web address
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:45:39 -0500

> http://geocities.com/swtgrssfarm
>
> Try this link now, the last backslash shouldn't have been there.

My text browsers show nothing at all there. Since text browsers do not
load image files, they load the remaining text information very quickly.
Unless a site has graphic information that I KNOW I want to see, I
don't fire up my graphical browser. I suspect that you have used one of
those "web page authoring" tools (such as photoshop) that imbed text in
image files. VERY inefficient. A HORRIBLE way to do things. And you
limit your audience necessarily.

A few months ago here, we discussed attributes of a "good" web page.
Near the top of the list was a quick loading small opening page with
links to the more voluminous files such as photos.

--
Onward! Through the Fog!
Willie