market-farming - Re: Sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sweet corn
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:13:40 -0500

Tom,
When I sold sweet corn, I would tear down a couple of ears (leaving the
husks on) and put them out on the display. When people came buy corn I
would tell them the samples were a pretty good example and added that if
their purchase didn't measure up to return the ears for a full refund. No
problems.

Only once did I catch someone messing around with the ears - woman was
opening ears and sticking her fingernail into kernels to see how the juice
ran. Geeze.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton, IL