market-farming - Re: soil improvement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: soil improvement
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:52:30 -0600

Hi Joan,

Personally, I think the idea of using the pond dirt is a good one.  I would think the nutrients contained in that would be great.  However, I am no scientist or soil expert.  We have had excellent results using pond water for irrigation.

The truckloads of compost sound interesting.  Where would you get them and what do they cost?  What are they made of?

Marie in Missouri