market-farming - strawberry plant source

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: strawberry plant source
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:57:38 -0600

Regards to the list:

We're looking to buy several thousand strawberry plants.  We have purchased bare-root ones in the past from Indiana Berry and Daisy companies.  I'm seeing strawberry plant plugs advertised lately, but they're more than double in price.  Would anyone care to comment on the advantages/disadvantages of bare-root vs plugs or recommend a wholesale plant dealer?

Thank you.

Marie in Missouri