market-farming - Re: Making a living

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Making a living
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:58:42 -0600

Joan,
I find worth in our life of growing good food too. I too have been
burned out recently, not only by growing, but also by the election, and by
community politics. But the more I read about the ill effects of our
current food system, the more inspired I become to grow healthy food for
people. No, I don't grow that much of it, but it is such a rare commodity,
that even though I am nowhere near making a living (it is just me working,
and our garden is very small), still, it is a joy to offer our vegetables at
market.

Jill