market-farming - Re: Making a living

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Making a living
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:06:14 -0600

> At some point, the struggle will be understood. So keep at it!

This is so true Robert. It is our belief that the day will come when safe,
organic food will become a currency - maybe not literally but it will be
held in high esteem by an educated majority of the population. Why?
Because we are killing ourselves with crap food and its getting worse every
day. BUT, I think people are figuring out that what they eat really does
have an affect on them. It may be slow but it will happen.

And those of us willing to keep at it, even though we can't/don't make a
"living", need to remember that we are living a real life. Not some stupid
yuppie's idea of what is supposed to be done - i.e. Buying the "right" car,
watch, clothes, house, etc. When the crash comes these people will have no
clue! And the crash will come! And who is going to feed them when they
can't afford to "go out" or buy expensive prepared junk to pop into their
microwave (and think they are cooking). We are going to be asked not only
to feed them but teach them as well!

And then it will be our turn!

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas

P.s. Btw Lynn - I hope that wasn't Freudian!