livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Four Degrees of Devastation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Four Degrees of Devastation
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 22:14:53 +0100

Just replying to the last paragraph Paul. There is a hell of a lot of confusion at the moment. It is not easy to see whether sea levels rise or fall when the tidal differences are huge in comparison. I have seen scientific articles going in either direction and the last one from only a few weeks ago measured sea levels with gps and satellites and found a drop. Time will tell if we are still around.
john

to the question "why panic if we should move towards the same levels of green
house gas as in the Carboniferous?"

it would destroy civilization and most species adapted to modern climate including humans of course

sea water is rising slowly, and if the sun was hotter some scientists somewhere would be telling us and others would be verifying it