livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: kathie wood <whisperingwind190@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry Brenda but I think I was the one who mentioned the needy and yes here there are some needy off-gidders, most being in their late 50's to late 70's. Even tho they have lived off grid for many years,their choice life style, they are living on a very fixed income and wanting so badly to get some help to get off of their generators and gasoline usage that they have to use most often. If they even could afford a pair of solar panels and the rest of the system for such they would be able to live alot more at ease. Sure they chose to live this way and sure there was only the choice of a generator way back when they began living off the grid,but even they need to change a bit as the costs of living is not skyrocketing just for the ones who do have enough money to go solar,but also with their costs of food, toiletries and feed for their animals. I thank Chad for his thinking of the ones who really could continue to live as they do, but would have their old age lives a bit easier if they had just a two panel solar setup. We all get older and even off gridders need help in that stage of their lives. Thank you Chad. I do respect your opinion tho Brenda.  Kat