livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:58:46 -0400

At 10:18 AM 5/28/2008, you wrote:

I'm not looking down on those who are still struggling to find ways to get back to the land and self sufficiency . How each of us spend our resources is up to us but we come to groups to get inspiration and learn from others. If you have good skills for stretching your income and dealing with hard times share it . Why be defensive? Not everyone can shop at Farmers Markets because of location or other reasons but it certainly is a good source of very good quality food when you can get to one and it supports the local growers. I'm using large letters because some people have visual disabilities. Anna

I didn't intend to sound defensive, and in fact, I don't feel that way. I was only commenting that I could sympathize with people whose lives are so stressed that it's difficult for them to make the best decisions.

The majority of posts in this group are indeed about living on the land. I think you just happened to join at a point when we got down a particular rabbit trail about food prices.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com