livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Price of Ferilizer/fuel

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: anna Lorrai <cactusandquail@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Price of Ferilizer/fuel
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

There is a lot of bad press about biofuels due to the corn prices.  This recent release from the University of Texas shows how algae is such a wonderful alternative.  They can produce fertilzer and fuel for us on waste lands and waste.  Because of the bad publicity over the fuel or food issue these start up businesses for algae production are having a rough time getting funding, that's why I'm trying to get the word out about this wonderful oil producing cyanobacteria (?)
http://www.utexas.edu/oncampus/2008/05/16/fueling-the-future/

great video, hope I got the url right.   Anna