livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamps/ Food
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:52:07 -0700

I don't have a greenhouse or any indoor space to grow seedlings, so I grew tomatoes from seed using wintersowing this year and had a bunch to give away. All I used was some free recycled plastic containers, homemade compost, and a couple square feet in my garden path, and I got free seeds, too. I didn't need a greenhouse, fluorescent lights, heating pads, etc. And one of the easiest to germinate was Costuloto Genovese, which I haven't grown before and am eager to taste.