livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkin@xanadoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:24:00 -0600

E. E. Mitchamore Jr wrote:
Thank you for that link.
A brief snippet from my experience might help emphasize my interest in this subject. I had been studying gardening & food for about 18 months when I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, for which there is no cure. Let me tell you, "Leukemia" is a word that gets your attention.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not well. :( I'm afraid I don't knoe much about Leukemia in general, much less the specific kinds. One of my cousins has had some sort of Leukemia twice, but I am told it was caused by having been exposed to Agent Orange in the military and a bone marrow transplant cured him...twice...maybe. Leukemia is definitely a word to get your attention.

Unsurprisingly, my interest in growing food for excellent nutrition ratcheted up a bit. The generalities and ideas are not too difficult; implementation is quite daunting.

Yes, I can understand that. Some days I can do stuff and some days I can't. I am told I have CFS and Fybromyalgia. I got it after GMOs became prevalent in store food and after some surgery to prevent cancer (cervical). I blame food for a lot of my issues, but the only way to be absolutely sure that food is the issue is to make sure I consume only non-GMO food, and pretty much the only way to do that is to grow your own and never eat out. Not exactly feasible all the time. Heck, we buy meat, I'm not sure I don't have issues from there...but I figure the more GMOs I can positively exclude, the better off I'll be.

Good Luck!
Morgan