livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:49:00 -0800 (PST)

When we are growing old or face a serious illness and the doctors can't
help, we start to look around for alternatives: healthy diet, food supplements,
magic pills, alternative therapies, change of lifestyle and so on. The trouble
is there is so much advice about what to eat and what not, what pills to take
or what exercise to do. Which leads to a creeping suspicion that much of
it is not serious.

I often find it best to talk to somebody who has faced a serious problem
and has come through it.

Mitch, I can understand if you don't want to go into details, but how about
sharing some of the generalities and ideas, as they may relate to serious
illness in general?

Dieter Brand
Portugal

"E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net> wrote:
Thank you for that link.

A brief snippet from my experience might help emphasize my interest in this subject.  I had been studying gardening & food for about 18 months when I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, for which there is no cure.  Let me tell you, "Leukemia" is a word that gets your attention.  Unsurprisingly, my interest in growing food for excellent nutrition ratcheted up a bit.  The generalities and ideas are not too difficult; implementation is quite daunting.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz