livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] growing even more food including herbs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Kathy" <vanokat@mrtc.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] growing even more food including herbs
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:55:24 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I am fairly new to this group but have been lurking for awhile. I have learned a lot but still have a couple questions. I am in KY - (originally from Ohio where we have real dirt) Here there is clay and sand. Last year my garden was a total flop. Partly from the soil but mainly from the weeds.
I am amazed being a city girl that weeds just seems to appear overnight here. The area where we chose to put our house had been grown up for many years after my husbands Grandfather's house burnt down. We have tried to maintain this aggressive growth but just cannot seem to do so. I can't even have a flower bed here. Suggestions?

Kathy in Morgan Co. KY