livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] those $1,000 permaculture certificates...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] those $1,000 permaculture certificates...
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:58:10 -0800 (PST)

Gloria and others,

“Organic gardening and farming is more than avoiding chemicals.  The organic method requires a change of attitude and a different thought process.”  [H Garrett, DMN, <www.dirtdoctor.com>].

A Lubbock cotton farmer’s wife wanted him to go organic.  His father, brothers and brothers-in-law [all chemical farmers] ridiculed him.  The “change of attitude and a different thought process” took him six years according to her.

“If I had taken what I learned about agriculture at TX AMU to a third world country, I would have starved to death”.  Mike Sullivan, ECHO Ag Missions Conference 1998, quoting his son.

“I believe we are on the way to the rebirth of the family farm on a human and humane scale.  It will be a painful rebirth.  More of those ‘farming tigers’ [farmers of the 60s and 70s] and the professors that fostered the ‘get big or get out’ dogma may have to depart life’s stage.  We are beginning the age of the 2.5 to 10 acres farm.”  K. Klober, Small Farm Today, Jan 01

Above are a few quotes I thought you should know about.  Ken Hargesheimer

Be a PS3 game guru.