livingontheland - [Livingontheland] another idea for securing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Claudia & Linda <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] another idea for securing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:04:55 -0700 (PDT)

The other thing I've seen recommended for securing these sorts of greenhouses/hoophouses is a simple dog stake on opposite corners.  Our 12 X 20' hoophouse got lifted up and moved about a foot in a bad wind storm, but we think the 55 gallon drums filled with water along one side of it kept it from going any farther.  After that I thought I better get a couple stakes, but haven't yet.  It's been up 1 1/2 yrs now and I don't live that far from Claudia.

I really love having the hoophouse for season extending.

Carrie