livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:31:33 -0500

I live in Oklahoma. My greenhouse structure has survived two, 80 mph.
windstorms. Must admit I was amazed that even the plastic stayed with us.
The lathing strips seem to be the key to keeping it from tearing away so
easily. Also, I considered actually setting the ground end of the wire
panels in a concrete filled trench in the ground but decided to see how the
railroad tie worked first. If I were building in a more exposed area or
without a building as the fourth side I think I would almost certainly set
the ends of the wire panels in concrete filled trenches.

Claudia