livingontheland - [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:34:44 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Art -

OK, let's put "living on the land" into perspective.

What are the factors that you think will lead to a
societal collapse and loss of food, water, and fuel
supplies.

I'm guessing that climatic shifts, macro-economic
meltdowns, debt recall, and military-terrororist
scenarios are major factors.

What kind of preparations and "living on the land"
strategies do you suggest, and how far along are you
at achieving self sustainability in Arkansas.

I'm asking out of pure curiosity and hope for spreading
information on a homesteading lifestyle.

I'm gardening and taking care of farmland, but I'm
far from being self sufficient at this point in time. I'm
looking for ideas like everybody else on this list.

Steve Diver
Northwest Arkansas