livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "art corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Living on the Land" in hard core perspective
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:32:09 -0500

Hi Paul,

I haven't said anything yet but this rain water collection and storage has
been mentioned a few times. I just want to caution people to be very careful
with rain water storage especially under ground. Over time it can develop
some real bad little buggers that will make you real sick.

In times past these "Cisterns" as they were called were widely used and
became one of the major sources for Typhoid and some other bad diseases.
Just for watering the garden or the animals it is fine but not for drinking.
I guess I probably need to post some plans for a simple solar still for pure
drinking water just in case someone should have a need for it.

Art in Arkansas