livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Master Gardeners. Was: Jerry Baker

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frosted-acres@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Master Gardeners. Was: Jerry Baker
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:29:03 -0800 (PST)

I feel this bias by the land grant coleges towards
agribusiness is why I was not permitted into the
program-- I made it plain I would not spout methods
that were injurious to nature. I am SO much happier at
the Holden Arboretum, where non-chemical methods are
used as much as possible.
One thing I have noticed-- and others may have as
well-- When I am around plants that are chemically
treated, my allergies/sensitivities seem to go into a
higher gear than when I am in areas where the
synthetic junk is not permitted.

Terry W