livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Master Gardeners. Was: Jerry Baker

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Patricia Ruggiero" <ruggierop@earthlink.net>
  • To: <c1fenner@comcast.net>, "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Master Gardeners. Was: Jerry Baker
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:40:18 -0500

Title: Message
Catherine wrote:

 > USDA certifies master gardeners?

I noticed that, too, in the Jerry Baker article.  The author was stretching the point, in my opinion.  The Extension Service is an entity within the USDA and, as far as I can determine, works through state universities.  I took the MG course offered by Virginia Tech and am a volunteer in the county where I live, Fluvanna, in central Virginia.  My certificate (as I recall, without trying to dredge it up) refers to VTech, not the USDA, as the certifying agent.

Pat